Volunteer & Internship Information and fees
|Length of Stay||Amount(Euros)||Amount(GBP)||Amount(USD)|
|4 weeks (1 month)||627.65||562.95||740|
|8 weeks (2 months)||1,068.70||958.55||1,260|
What Do My Volunteer/Internship Fees Pay For?
As part of the participation fees, participants will be provided with:
- Volunteer work or volunteer internship opportunity
- Program registration fee
- Internship facility placement fee (hospital uniform, documentation, registration, etc)
- Airport pick ups and drop offs from Accra
- In-country orientation upon arrival
- 24 hour x 7 days a week staff support
- Cultural immersion and cross-cultural exposure
- Accommodation with host family
- Daily meals with host family
What Additional Costs Will I Have?
The participation fee excludes:
- Travel insurance (recommended)
- Transportation to project from Accra and back to Accra after program
- Bicycle purchase or rental (can be sold or donated to the program upon completion of project)
- Spending money (volunteers in Ghana generally find $40 to be sufficient for basic weekly expenses)
- You may chose to stay at a hotel instead of with a host family. If so, we can help you find affordable hotels or guest houses upon request.
- Sightseeing is available at your own cost to our many places of interest such as:
Aburi Gardens, Lake Bosomtwe, Akosombo Dam, Mole Zoo, Pager Crocodile Pond, Gambaga Witches Camp, Cape Coast Castle, Salaga Slave Trade Centre, etc. Let us know if you are interested and we can help you set that up. Sightseeing is on your own.
If you would like a staff member as a tour guide, you must cover cost.
- Cultural drumming and dance classes are also available.