Welcome to Sedarvp-Ghana
SEDARVP-Ghana is a non-profit Youth Focused United Nation ECOSOC Consultative status Accredited Organization setup in 2008 with Registration number CG152072015 and also social welfare registration number D.S.W./7292. The organization is set up to create supportive platforms to challenge youth creativity in the areas of Human Rights, Environmental protection, Agriculture and Food Security, Youth and Culture, Health, Population and Drug Abuse, General Humanitarian Aid, Small-Scale Enterprise Development, Advocacy/Research/Policy, Education/Vocal Skills, Volunteering and community development
The GOAL of the organization is to Build a Sustainable Society with Equitable Representation, Vibrant Economy, and access to Quality Education, Health and Nutrition, Food Security and Sound Environment within its communities in Ghana and beyond. These would enable communities uplift their economic activities, access clean and potable water, quality education, nutrition, and healthcare, and provide the foundations for local businesses to flourish.
SEDARVP-GHANA has a VISION of achieving “A SOCIETY WHERE EVERYONE REGARDLESS OF THEIR BACKGROUND LIVES A VERY DIGNIFIED AND FULFILLING LIFE IN A SAFE AND HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT” by year 2040.
The organization seek to fulfill this vision by committing to its MISSION “TO CREATE A HEALTHY, SUSTAINABLE AND ECOFRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT BY EMPOWERING THE YOUTH, WOMEN AND CHILDREN THROUGH ACTIVE COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION AND INTERNATIONAL PARTNERSHIP”
SEDARVP-GHANA in partnership with local and international organizations has provided diverse support to many communities in Ghana, through its project implementation and volunteerism. Some international projects include: Community-based Youth work and Sustainable Development in EU and Africa, Inclusion on Stage Project, Innovative Youth for a Sustainable Entrepreneurship, Youth Workers United towards an Intercultural Citizenship, Youth Social Entrepreneurship Education for All with Moodle, Step Forward Project, Grapes of Wrath Project and many more.
Some local projects also include: the Street Library Project, donations to needy widows and orphans in Northern Region, with increasing attention to Health Services, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Livelihoods, Food and Nutrition Security, Renewable Energy, Tree planting activities, Advocacy and Capacity Development. Agriculture and Agri businesses and Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SME). We are also involved in institutional strengthening at the regional, district and community levels in governance and social accountability using participatory processes with emphasis on knowledge and skills transfer.
SEDARVP-GHANA has a five (5) member Executive board with varied background and experiences that enhances policy planning, direction, management, and supervision. We as an NPO have funded from our own contributions few of our projects ranging from free medical screening, public education and advocacy on drug abuse and tobacco use, dissemination of agriculture technologies to peasant farmers in some selected districts and many more.
In familiarizing ourselves with a client’s situation and donors’ corporate goals, we are able to better match the unique identity of our donors and the challenges of our programme beneficiaries and always achieve the best results. For fourteen (14) years, we have pursued our vision and have achieved tremendous successes in our program’s implementation and volunteerism. The organization has reached out to over one million youth, women, and children in over 150 communities reducing poverty and provided the knowledge, skills, social and economic infrastructure that have brought dignity and happiness to these communities. Our experience has given us a broader focus and the capacity to deliver and better the lives of Ghanaians.
- Implementation of activities to ensure sustainable WASH services across the Northern Ghana
- To implement current Agricultural technologies to increase food, cash crop production and Animal rearing which would ensure food and nutrition security.
- To provide technical and entrepreneurial skill training on employable skills to persons with disabilities and support small scale businesses to expand.
- To provide training to the SMEs in the food industry on Good Manufacturing Practices.
- To conduct research on various social issues from time to time.
- To provide social education, economic empowerment and safeguard the right of women and children by.
- Supporting brilliant but needy children in the field of Mathematics and science at the basic level.
- Safeguarding the right of children and women subjected to any form of abuse.
- To protect and preserve the environment and propagate the significance of sustainable development for maintaining ecological balance
- To partner with any other organization for the wellbeing of society.
- To take collective action to maintain National peace and security be it Boundary, Politics, Chieftaincy, and religious conflicts through,
- Early Warnings Signals
- Human Right monitoring
- Mediation and reconciliation